Swimming Pool Life Saver

Contest for the coolest ideas of things that could be. Enter! Vote! Cash prizes!
Forum rules
If you could have anything, what would be the coolest things to have? Enter your answer to a question like,

• An invention I'd like to see is _______
• The world would be a better place if _______
• It would be cool if _______

Enter as many ideas as you have (one per forum topic). They need not be your own unique idea.

Vote 1-10 for your favorites (10=best). To vote for your favorite ideas, post a message where the first thing in the message body is your numeric vote. Discuss at will. Tell people to visit http://critique.org/bestidea to vote for your idea.

$50 prize for 1st place, $25 for 2nd.

See http://critique.org/bestidea for full rules and the Leader Board.
  • Ads

Swimming Pool Life Saver

Postby Shizzlenitts » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:43 pm

An invention I'd like to see is a device installed to all Swimming Pools.

You know those rubbery things u have on the floor of your shower so you dont slip over , well imagine one of those on the bottom of your pools with softball size holes in it. Now throw a sensor on the pools service that goes off when , i dunno , say 5kg breaks the surface of the water . The rubber thingy (lets call it a Flonge) shoots to the surface of the swimming pools , straining all the water along the way , and bamm!! any child fallen in the pool is now safely ontop of the Flonge. Throw an alarm on the pool when this happens and hopefully no more pool deaths.

Obviously system can be turned on and off for pool use.

Flonge will have to be mechanically fitted to pool in some manner.

Thanks lads

Rob Mason
Shizzlenitts
Name: Rob Mason
Sprout

Re: Swimming Pool Life Saver

Postby crit24063 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Good idea. Like a giant colander?

You could attack the ropes to the corners and hide the mechanics in metal boxes, no bigger than a starting block, probably much smaller. That would leave four or six boxes around the pool edge, daring people to trip over them. But even if they do, and fall in the pool, the boxes will save them! :)
crit24063
Name: Thomas Chalmers
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Best Idea Contest