The Ultimate Renewable Energy Source

Contest for the coolest ideas of things that could be. Enter! Vote! Cash prizes!
Forum rules
If you could have anything, what would be the coolest things to have? Enter your answer to a question like,

• An invention I'd like to see is _______
• The world would be a better place if _______
• It would be cool if _______

Enter as many ideas as you have (one per forum topic). They need not be your own unique idea.

Vote 1-10 for your favorites (10=best). To vote for your favorite ideas, post a message where the first thing in the message body is your numeric vote. Discuss at will. Tell people to visit http://critique.org/bestidea to vote for your idea.

$50 prize for 1st place, $25 for 2nd.

See http://critique.org/bestidea for full rules and the Leader Board.
  • Ads

The Ultimate Renewable Energy Source

Postby pezimmerman » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:16 am

This idea is, well, kind of a stinker.
Waste disposal is a major concern in all societies. Namely: how can we process the stuff in a sanitary but ecologically friendly manner? With 6+ Billion people and all their livestock, waste treatment is only going to grow in importance in the coming decades.
We're also approaching peak oil and we've all but run through the world's reserves of anthracite coal. While nuclear power is an option for the developed world, it remains out of the reach of most developing nations.
You see where this is going.
We need someone to find a way of turning poop into an ecologically friendly fuel source.
pezimmerman
Sprout

Re: The Ultimate Renewable Energy Source

Postby aburt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:32 pm

3 -- I'll toss in a few points for this one. :)

I always liked the "Mr. Fusion" idea from Back to the Future. Toss in a banana peel and off you go.
aburt
Name: Andrew Burt
Tree

Re: The Ultimate Renewable Energy Source

Postby aburt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:09 pm

And congrats on tying for 2nd place in the contest! Let's hope we see this (or at least some cheap/renewable energy source) soon. :)
aburt
Name: Andrew Burt
Tree

• Ads

Return to Best Idea Contest