Smut 2.0

Contest for the coolest ideas of things that could be. Enter! Vote! Cash prizes!
Forum rules
If you could have anything, what would be the coolest things to have? Enter your answer to a question like,

• An invention I'd like to see is _______
• The world would be a better place if _______
• It would be cool if _______

Enter as many ideas as you have (one per forum topic). They need not be your own unique idea.

Vote 1-10 for your favorites (10=best). To vote for your favorite ideas, post a message where the first thing in the message body is your numeric vote. Discuss at will. Tell people to visit http://critique.org/bestidea to vote for your idea.

$50 prize for 1st place, $25 for 2nd.

See http://critique.org/bestidea for full rules and the Leader Board.
  • Ads

Smut 2.0

Postby crit24545 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Let me preface this with saying that I'm solely looking at the practicality of it. I'm not a chauvanist, sexist, or pervert (well, maybe I am just a touch of all three).

I'm talking virtual, 3-D harems with accompanying "pleasure suits" that respond to the virtual stimulus in very real feeling ways. Hundreds or thousand of girls, customizable personalities, programmable to your specifications, all saved to files that sit on your hard drive or you carry in your USB stick...hell, swap girls with your buddies.

Yes, yes, it's dirty. I know. But it stands to be the great liberator of men. Follow me on this one, you may not agree but I'm sure you'll come to see that what I'm saying has its merits.

The guys out there, you ever go to work angry when you got some that morning? I doubt it. And chances are if you wind up angry that day, it's because someone else made you that way...and in all likelihood they didn't get any that morning either.

While we like to look at ourselves as a civilized and progressed species, we still have an animalistic drive that pushes, pulls, and sometimes takes over. Any guy that ever woke up next to something he regrets knows exactly what I'm saying.

Simply put, we as men think better, feel better, and generally get more done when that drive has been sated. Unfortunately, we rarely satiate that drive when we want to...a lot of times it's on your partner's schedule. Even if she agrees to go for a romp in the hay when you ask, it's still her saying "ok"...so in those times it's still pretty much on her time. How often you go fighting her off cause you got a headache?

Sex is dirty. No one wants to talk about it. But we crave it. It's the one thing that we crave to the point of doing ridiculous things. You ever speed home from work during lunch for some afternoon delight? I bet you never did that kind of crazy speeding to put a fresh gallon of milk in the fridge cause you were out of it. There's a million different scenarios and I'm sure every dude has a few.

But Smut 2.0 changes that. Again, thousands of girls, you personalize, give them different characteristics, tweak them to your preference, make them a harem of your idealized fantasies...and like I said, pass a copy of the file to your friends and try their girls out. What dude wouldn't stand in line for that?

Here's the residuals: more general cheer and happiness...everybody's coming to work in a good mood. plus more productivity with better quality of work...you're not busy thinking about why you can't get any. You're thinking lofty thoughts, putting your mind to its all time best use. It'd end the war on terror; what jihadi is gonna suicide bomb for the promise of 96 virgins when he can get all that and more just with a username and password?

Here's the downside: real women, sorry. While I'm sure digital hunks would be offered, I don't know if that's going to satisfy. Women generally look for an emotional connection, feeling able to confide and trust someone, getting a sense of safety and security. Smut 2.0 may fall flat just like today's current smut doesn't do much for the general populace of ladies out there.

And I'm not saying men don't want or seek emotional connections. Just that the driving, pulling, incessant drive that men carry doesn't look for it. Men don't go to strip clubs or http://www.smuttygoodness.com for emotional connections. And if you think about it, the Internet got as big and as broad and as integrated as it did because it was the best fulfiller of this dirty, unspoken need. It wasn't so we could check our stock ratings in real time. It was so we could see nasty things...and after we finished and we felt more civilized THEN we went out and conquered getting stock prices listed and a gajillion other useful world changing applications.

Don't mean to offend anyone. Didn't address gay men because I don't honestly know how the typical sexual dynamic works in a gay relationship. It's just that I honestly see this as the thing that changes the world. We bring Smut 2.0 online, and later sure as heck we'll invent the faster than light drives, perpetual energy machines, and light sabers.
crit24545
Name: James Beamon
Sprout

Re: Smut 2.0

Postby crit24545 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:44 pm

10. Best. Idea. EVER.
crit24545
Name: James Beamon
Sprout

Postby crit24934 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Hey,

Sent him a gushing crit of his story.

10.0 for the idea. Can I give an 11 for the execution?

RAR
crit24934
Name: Robert Rinne
Sprout

Postby crit25024 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:44 pm

I think we have that online already.. It's called Second LIfe
crit25024
Name: Margarett Jones
Sprout

Postby crit22817 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:31 pm

I enjoyed reading your story #19075 and I really liked the idea. Though in this topic, you don't mention the teenage experience and lesson learned, it does make a point of where technology can be headed. I mean, SOMEONE is paying for those $5,000.00 plastic dolls that are customizable, so why not a shared file?
PenName: Deana Zhollis
Username: crit22817
http://www.zhollis.com
crit22817
Name: Deana Zhollis
Sprout

Postby crit30320 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:50 am

I see the benefit of what you're saying, however I'd like to add a few points:

1) not all men are controlled or constantly nagged by their sexual drive. some men have very little sexual drive.

2) some women have a very high sexual drive, which can control or nag at them. some women would like a satisfying quickie most mornings before work, or at lunch time, or any time.

3) if some hardware (i.e., a pleasure suit) and accompanying software can be made to fulfill any man's fantasy, then something similar could be customized to fulfill any woman's fantasy, too, including to simulate whatever level of emotional connection she needs.

I see some version of Smut 2.0 working better as a VR type of thing (think: Holodeck from ST:NG, my personal favorite option), or as sexbots for all orientations, both of which have been portrayed in TV and Movies.

Mary.
_____
Mary Elizabeth Thompson
http://www.maryelizabeththompson.net

"From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent." H. P. Lovecraft in "The Shunned House"
crit30320
Name: Mary Thompson
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Best Idea Contest