Prettification and promotion

Where the forums should go, how it can be improved
  • Ads

Prettification and promotion

Postby Impstar » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:11 pm

I know this is just starting up, but I think we need good branding — good branding almost never hurts (as long as your product is good enough to match the branding), right? ;) And, of course, in the age of the impatient Internet user, visual appeal is important. So I think it'd be nice to increase the visual appeal of the forums.

Also, I'm all about the promotion, and promotional items might help with that. I know we haven't come up with anything quirky yet, but quirky phrases on Web site buttons/banners and/or shirts and the like might be nice.

Dunno. Maybe I'm being silly. But I like to really show my support when I support something, and that's all I'm looking for in a "promotional item."
Impstar
Sprout

Re: Prettification and promotion

Postby admin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:47 pm

What do you have in mind?

I'm graphic-arts challenged :) so I just went with the standard theme/style that came with the forum software (phpbb3). (Hey, I did add the TechSoft logo, the three sails. It was even more minimalist before that.)

So I'm totally open to making the site look spiffier... but more or less unable to accomplish that myself. Thoughts & suggestions welcome...
admin
Name: Andrew Burt
Site Admin

• Ads

Return to Future Directions