Computer Glasses

What would you like the future to hold? Self-driving cars? World peace? Share your wishes here.
  • Ads

Re: Computer Glasses

Postby cj7hawk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:29 pm

Augmented Reality Contact Lenses just announced:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1NPMqx/ww ... s-of-leds/

OK, it looks kind of unworkable at the moment, but it's a start.

David
cj7hawk
Sapling

Postby crit25292 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:39 am

That would be so awesome- computer glasses. I wear glasses and I get mifed every time my vision starts to get blurry and i have to get a new prescription. If the glasses could tell when your prescription changes then you would not have to worry about getting new ones every year or so. It would also be cool if they could zone in on one thing that you want to focus on and block everything else out. I often get really distracted when I'm trying to write at school, especially in the cafeteria and after school. There is always one of your friends bugging you or some little brother of one of your friends that is being totally obnoxious. These computer glasses may be one of the greatest inventions in history, aside from the wheel that is........
Take a minute, listen to some rocking music. Trust me, it will make your day a whole lot better.
crit25292
Name: Destiny Whitecotton
Sapling

Postby cj7hawk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:50 am

OK, these have now been invented, developed and are available.

A company called Vuzix has licensed some Nokia technology to use optical waveguide to create an image projected at infinity that fits within a normal lens, such that you're looking through a thin lens but it places information over what you're looking at.

I saw them at CES - fantastic stuff. Really mind blowing to see it in operation.

I guess this isn't future anymore. :(

David
cj7hawk
Sapling

• Ads
Previous

Return to Wishes For The Future