The Galactic Times

For the Critters workshop and writing SF/F/H in general.
  • Ads

The Galactic Times

Postby crit33808 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:27 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and i wanted to start a little project few months ago, in a nutshell is a mix between a magazine and a monthly news paper that has as subject a specific and (if i can) real part of our galaxy where I want to create a living and complex (as much as i can) universe to use to write my fake news, that spreads between multiple subjects such as politic, economy and a couple other things that will characterize my "magazine".
I want to know if you think it's a good idea to develop or something to trash asap.
crit33808
Name: Matteo Enrici
Sprout

Re: The Galactic Times

Postby crit33427 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:00 pm

It is certainly an interesting intellectual challenge.

The real question is: What do you wish to gain from it?

If it is simply intended as a fun hobby to let off steam, then go for it. Whatever floats your boat.

If it is intended to have some kind of commercial value then who are the customers? If you audience has disposable income then good luck with the enterprise.

If it is an attempt to create a working model of socio-political and economic dynamics from scratch then it is a work of a life time. Are you going to go back and re-publish previous editions if you find an error in your thinking? Get it right and academics the world over are going to want a piece of the action. Free conference dinners for life!
Charles Gull
Visit me at http://www.ax-yz.mobi and take part in the newsletter.
crit33427
Name: Charles Gull
Sapling

Re: The Galactic Times

Postby crit33888 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Not something I have time to participate in, but I've imagined doing something like this in novel form. Like write a novel that is only made up of news clippings from some imagined universe. It would be a challenge to get the form right but it might be fun.
crit33888
Name: J. Neff Lind
Sapling

• Ads

Return to Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Writing