Which do you prefer with trilogies?

For discussions relating to critique.org workshops in general, not for any specific workshop.
Forum rules
This forum is for questions that don't fit into a more specific workshop's forum. (If there's a more specific forum that's appropriate, please post there.) For example, a post about writing science fiction belongs in the SF writing forum, but a post about writing that applies to all writers could go here. Questions about the general nature of the critique.org workshops could go here, but not about a specific workshop.

Also see the forum rules at: http://critique.org/c/forums.ht
  • Ads

Postby CrittersMinion » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Survey Comment: For print trilogies, I find it much easier to not break the spine of a smaller book. It's also considerably easier to carry in my small man purse. Also it makes it feel like one is making more progress and less like it's a marathon.

For e-book trilogies I'm less bothered, but I don't currently have an e-reader, so you can probably disregard my answer to that.
CrittersMinion
Name: A Critters Minion
Wise Old Tree

Postby CrittersMinion » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:35 am

Survey Comment: Just think of combining all of the LoTR books together. It would be long! Books that are really long make people less interested because they're intimidating to light readers (like me), I believe. Plus, it's a type of organization and looks nicer on the shelves.
CrittersMinion
Name: A Critters Minion
Wise Old Tree

• Ads
Previous

Return to General Workshop Forum