Not sure if it's short stories, or a novel in process

For discussions relating to critique.org workshops in general, not for any specific workshop.
Forum rules
This forum is for questions that don't fit into a more specific workshop's forum. (If there's a more specific forum that's appropriate, please post there.) For example, a post about writing science fiction belongs in the SF writing forum, but a post about writing that applies to all writers could go here. Questions about the general nature of the critique.org workshops could go here, but not about a specific workshop.

Also see the forum rules at: http://critique.org/c/forums.ht
  • Ads

Not sure if it's short stories, or a novel in process

Postby crit31744 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:17 pm

I have a short story completed. I also have part two of that story completed. I am starting on part three of that story.

I'm guessing parts 1 and 2 each are around 6,000 words.

I guess I'm asking if it's OK to post part one for critique?
Also, it's an action/thriller story. Are there enough people reading and critiquing those for it to even be worthwhile to submit?
crit31744
Sprout

Re: Not sure if it's short stories, or a novel in process

Postby crit19292 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:45 am

Action/Thriller is a wonderful genre. My recommendation is to send just part one of part one (3000 words). Submissions over 4000 words tends to end up on the Saturday report with a zero. That means you will have a high chance of having me critique you, and I am a mean, nasty thing. I know that you want people to see the entire wonderful thing, but if you want good, positive feedback, only send half.
I will not deny myself having my opinions.
crit19292
Name: Roby Ward
Tree

• Ads

Return to General Workshop Forum