Hello people. I'm new.

• Ads

Hello people. I'm new.

Postby crit32867 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi, Critters. I'm new here, haven't really gotten close to completing anything yet, and I need some help on one of my superhero characters. His name is Jasper, he's a teleporter, and I feel like I have no emotion for him. He's supposed to be somewhat sexist, as this clashes with another character named Tori for some humorous scenes, but other than that I really don't have anything. Can someone help me?

--Sincerely, Claranara
crit32867
Sprout

Re: Hello people. I'm new.

Postby crit32856 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Is he a main character, a secondary character, or an antagonist? You want people to like the first two, which means you should like them too.

What kind of sexist is he? An old school door-opening puts-them-on-pedestals women-must-be-sheltered type who thinks that superhero work is too dangerous (and the outfits too scandalous) for women? Or someone who despises and abuses women, considering them inferior and perhaps even evil/disgusting? And is he gay or straight?

Ask yourself some questions like these, and pick some answers. You'll start getting feelings about him.
crit32856
Sprout

Postby crit32867 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:37 pm

He's [supposedly] the type that thinks women are inferior and are really only in existence to be supportive. He's straight, and actually ends up dating Tori. And he's a secondary character.
In truth he has nothing against women but is afraid that his uncle, his only surviving family, would disapprove of his interactions with female supers.
crit32867
Sprout

Postby crit32867 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:37 pm

Also, thanks.
crit32867
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Mystery, Thriller, and Action/Adventure Writing